Orlando is the perfect mid-size houseboat for two couples, honeymooners, or Mum, Dad & the kids in South Australia’s beautiful Riverland.
We are licensed and equipped for up to six persons including children but with a minimum of two and maximum of four adults. No pets please and the vessel is smoke-free inside.
- WeberQ, sun blind, rod-holders, bait board and two 50 ltr fibreglass eskies make the large rear deck ideal for fishing and alfresco dining.
- Soft-cushion chairs and recliners on the canopied upper sundeck offer a prime spot while underway and for stunning sunsets.
- The two bedrooms have sliding glass doors to deck areas, en-suite toilets, hand basin/mirrors and queen beds (1 zip-apart).
- The sofa bed in the forward lounge is available to sleep kids only.
- Large central bathroom with shower, spa bath and third toilet.
- Floor to ceiling windows, for all-round river views.
- A gas space heater is movable between lounge and dining area.
- Economical evaporative air conditioning.
- Domestic 240V electric fridge/freezer.
- Convenience of tables/chairs on front, rear and upper decks.
Environmentally friendly with:
- economical, twin 60HP Ultra Low Emission, 4-stroke Honda motors,
- LED lighting throughout,
- 3 kVA inverter generator,
- solar panels to assist battery charging,
- low water-use marine toilets,
- kitchen wastewater is contained for pump out, while bathroom output is filtered and disinfected before return to the river. This split-stream greywater system was pioneered on board Orlando, earning us the 2016 BIA/EPA Environment Award.
Please arrive around 1:00 pm to give ample boarding/instruction time before the 2:30 pm upstream Paringa Bridge opening.
If arriving later, please email or call to make alternative arrangements such as staying at the mooring overnight and setting out next morning.
On the last day, you must be at the Paringa Bridge for its 9.30 am opening and return to River Murray Houseboats for disembarkation by 10 am.
Secure parking is available in a lock-up compound.